The industrial services industry encompasses a broad range of energy production and manufacturing support activities such as cleaning, maintenance, turnaround services, demolition and environmental remediation.
REGS supplies sustainable solutions for essential environmental services (water,
sanitation and waste services) to industrial customers in the United States . The Company focuses on maximizing the value inherent in industrial by-products through the recovery of saleable products and recycling. It also provides environmentally sound disposal of solid, non-hazardous industrial waste.
The cornerstone of REGS’ business is its industrial cleaning and facility support services that are provided primarily at customer facilities. The fast turnaround of industrial cleaning and maintenance projects requires the right technologies, experience and care. Every project incorporates techniques of chemistry, operational analysis and experience to identify the right process and procedure to satisfy customer needs.
REGS provides its customers with a comprehensive site analysis at their respective facilities. The objective of such analysis is to determine areas for improvement, whether pertaining to off-line and/or on-line cleaning, with a view to reducing cleaning times and maximizing cost-effectiveness of cleaning procedures. In some cases, such analyses prompt recommendations for site modifications, mechanical upgrades and/or schedule changes that might facilitate the delivery of REGS services, improve safety and/or reduce mobilization/demobilization times.
Industrial services focuses on planned cleaning activities most often associated with plant maintenance, shutdowns, routine boiler cleanouts, heat exchangers, process vessels and tanks and includes the following services:
• Vacuum Services (wet and dry)
• Aqueous Cleaning
• Industrial Tank cleaning (traditional and non-entry)
• Chemical Cleaning
• Dewatering, Centrifuging, and Pressing
• Material Processing, Handling, and Disposal
• Transportation Equipment Cleaning
REGS provides treatment and disposal services designed to manage hazardous and non-hazardous wastes which cannot be economically recycled or reused. REGS transports, treats and disposes of industrial wastes for commercial and industrial customers, health care providers, educational and research organizations, other environmental services companies and governmental entities.
According to industry reports, the hazardous waste disposal market in North America is in excess of $2 billion.
- The environmental services industry today includes a broad range of services including the following:
- Collection, Transportation and Logistics Management — specialized handling, packaging, transportation and disposal of industrial waste, laboratory quantities of hazardous chemicals, household hazardous wastes, and pesticides;
Incineration — the preferred method for treatment of organic hazardous waste because it effectively destroys the contaminants;
- Landfill Disposal — used primarily for the disposal of inorganic wastes;
- Physical Waste Treatment — used to reduce the volume or toxicity of waste or make it suitable for further treatment, reuse, or disposal;
- Resource Recovery and Fuels Blending — removes contaminants to restore fitness for an intended purpose and to reduce the volume of waste;
- Wastewater Treatment —separates wastes including industrial liquid wastes containing heavy metals, organics and suspended solids through physical and chemical treatment so that the treated water can be discharged to local sewer systems under permits; and
- Site Services — includes the maintenance of industrial facilities and equipment such as recurring cleaning in order to continue operations, maintain and improve operating efficiencies, and satisfy safety requirements; the planned cleanup of hazardous waste sites and the cleanup of accidental spills and discharges, such as those resulting from transportation accidents; and the cleanup and restoration of buildings, equipment, and other sites and facilities that have been contaminated.